Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blog for fall 2011

DEcember 24. Christmas eve. A lot has happened since I wrote anything on my blog. We have a new great granddaughter, Eliana Kate Sanserverino, born on Aug. 11, 2011. That is Herb Herrick's birthday and also Jerri Kay Powell, Rita's daughter. Herb is Joetta's husband. So they are thinking they are extra special to all have the same birth date.

We didn't go any place too special during the middle of the summer. It was so hot most of the summer, up in the 110 degree area most of the summer. I believe it was the hottest summer we have had in many years. We did get to go to Eagle Nest, N. Mx. the last of August or first of Sept. We went with Rita and Bob and Patty and Glenn. Arlan has a double or triple wide trailer there and he let us stay in it. We had a good relaxing time. The only thing that happened was when we went through Cimmaron, N.M Glenn and I got a ticket for speeding in a school zone. We neither one saw a school sign or a flashing light but we got the ticket anyway. It cost us both 117.00 each. I was really disgusted ---that was my very first speeding ticket I have ever had. I have driven a car since I was 16 and now I am 77 years old and got a ticket. Wow I am still disgusted a little bit.

We got a little bit of snow a few days ago. Maybe 1.5 to 2 inches. Everything was all white but it was gone the next day or so. Thats the kind I like. ha It has been really cold, last night was 21 I think.

We had Christmas with Tom and his family last Tuesday. Everyone got to come except Mark and he was working. We had potato soup and vegetable soup. It was all good. I belieave Tom was on call so they didn't stay very long. But we enjoyed having them to come.

We are to go to Sonja's for supper and exchange gifts this evening. I think just her kids and grandkids will be there.

Tom and Terry are suppose to go with us to church tomorrow. I don't think it will be very long but I am glad they are going with us. Maybe they will go sometime when it isn't Christmas.

Well it is about lunch time so guess I had better get my hair fixed, I just washed it and decided to let it dry a little.

God bless anyone that should read this blog. It isn't very much but it is fun to write a little bit once in a while. Hope everyone has a great Christmas with their family and friends. Love Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment