Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013

Here I am a whole year later.  There has been a lot of things that has happened this year, don't know is I can remember all of them.  I do know that Jesus is as close as I will let Him be to me.  He is my dearest friend.  I look forward to seeing Him in the rapture or however it may be.  Don't know what I would do without Him. In April Russel turned 80.  We had a few friends here at the house to celebrate his birthday.  He looks really good for 80.  In May I was 78. Some days I feel every bit as old as that number says.  Joetta and Herb came for a week in September.  We had a great visit with them and then we went to Dawn's and had a really good time with them at their place.  So neet to see them.  Went to see the ones in Enid that are so special to them too.  The summer was really hot and I was rather worried about Joetta and Herb coming in all that heat.   But it cooled off and rained and was just like Washington weather.  That was funny. They wanted a little bit of the heat since Washington weather had been rather damp and cold. I guess they brought it with them.  It has been rather cold the last couple of weeks or more. Russel and I went to Dawn's for Christmas this year.  Had a wonderful time with them, their kids and grandkids and Martha and Bob Benson, Mike's parents too. 
We had gift exchange on Sunday evening so that Chad and Amber and girls could go to Midland, Tx. to Ambers parents for Christmas. AlsoShawn and Krista and Eliana were leaving Christmas Morning to fly to California for Christmas with Shawn's family.  Russel and I left on Tues, AM. AChristmas morning.  It was raining pretty hard when we left but when we got almost to Wichita Falls.Tx the rain turned to snow packed and ice covered roads. We traveled almost home on that kind of roadsl  Sometime we couldn't see the road it was so blinded with the snow blowing.  it was so cold and scary to be on the road,  but we made it home and praise God for His protecting hand on us as we traveled.

Krista and Shawn are planning to move to Arizona the middle of January.  They will be on staff at Tommy Barnett's church working with youth.  They are really excited but we will miss them like crazy.  But we prayed for them a job in Ministry and this has opened up for them.  So to
God be all the glory.

I must quit this and get ready for bed.  It has been a very busy day.  I am looking forward to the New Year and what God has in store for us.  Maybe this is the year the Lord will come get His Bride. Wow what a thought. 

God bless all who may read this blog. It was fun trying to remember what happened.


I know I forgot that Patty had another stroke.  She is doing pretty well some days better than others.  They are trying to sell their house at Longdale and move to Enid.  I hope It happens soon for her sake.
Also. Rita found a lump in her breast and it was malignant.  They removed it, It was a small lump.  but she still had to take radiation for a few weeks.  And then as soon as that was over she had hip replacement.  So she has been thro the mill.  But she is doing well now.

Jerri Kay Powell, Rita's daughter got a divorce from Stacy Powell which has been an upset for the whole family.  Hope all works out OK for her and her family.

Jim and Sarah came for Thankgiving.  We ate at Tammies house. I believe there was 33 there.  It was good to see every one. 

Everyone have a wonderful new year.  Love you all. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment