Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well it has been a few months of hot 106-112 degrees weather. It has been the hottest summer in a long time. Since 1980 I believe. Hopefully it well begin to cool somewhat before long, although day before yesterday it was 108. Ugg that is just toooooo hot for me.

The kitchen finally got finished and it looks so nice. The counter top looks like granite and the tile on the backsplash blends in so nicely. I am so excited and proud of it. Our good friends helped so very much. I don't believe I could have done all that they did. So to Betty and Dean Ward a great big thank you, We could never repay you for all your work you did, the help you gave so willingly. THANK YOU SO MUCH. It was finished in May, when I went to visit Dawn over Mothers Day holiday.

Another big happening in our family is the birth of Krista and Shawns baby girl, Eliana Kate. She was born Aug.11, 2011, weighed 7.6 length 18.5 inches. She has dark hair and the cutiest turned up nose, just like her Mommy. She is a doll but ofcourse I am partial I,m sure. I hope I can go down to Texas to see her and take her blanket I crocheted for her. And while I am there get to spoil her lots. I finished her blanket the day before she was born. Krista has been having a lot of problems with High blood pressure. She was on bed rest about a month before baby was born and since. Krista had to have an emergency Csection. But God was merciful and saved Krista and the baby. Thank you God.

Next Thursday, Aug 23rd we are suppose to go to Eagles Nest, N.M. for about 5 days. It is rather high altitude so hope I can make it Ok. I am really looking forward to doing so. It is beautiful in the mountains and it has been a long time since we got to go. Thanks to Arlan for letting us use his house up there. Rita, Bob and Patty and Glenn are going with us. So it will be fun..

Well I have to get busy and get our clothes ready since I only have these 3 days to get that done. I will be home on Monday and Tues. I am suppose to go to Ok.City to see the Passage with the senior adults of the church. Then Wed. I have an appointment with the Dentist to fix a tooth that broke off last Saturday. Couldn't get in any sooner. So my days are filling up with things that I need to do.

So until next time. Take care , and God bless you all, Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment