Friday, January 14, 2011

The start of the new year 2011

Well here it is the middle of the month of January 2011. Seems like time just flys by. It has really been cold here. On Monday morning the weather man said it was l degree and it didn't get above 25 all day long. The rest of the week has been really cold too but today it is to be warmer. Maybe into the 50s.

We had a good Christmas this year. Tom and his family came for brunch on Christmas morning. I got to see Dawns family on skype which was good. Krista and Shawn had some big news for everyone. They are to have a baby in August of this year. I am really excited to be Great granny again. That makes me 5 Greats. Russel has 6 Greats. That is a bunch but we love everyone of them. Got to see Joetta and family too. Everyone was enjoying their families.

Always the first 3 weeks of January our church goes on a fast. Because we take medication we go on the Daniel fast. We only eat fruits and vegetables. Last year it seemed really hard but this year it has been easier. At this point we still have 2 weeks to go but this first week has been good. I praise the Lord for that.

I had the ladies of the Bible study group here yesterday. There was 8 of us and 1 child. We are studying the book of Esther. I has been very interesting.

Well the day is passing fast and I need to do some things. I need to go to the church to change the bulletin board in our Sun. School classroom. It still says Merry Christmas so I need to get it up dated.

I pray that this year well bring lots of good things our way. But if there are to be hard places to go through I know that the Lord will be with us and all concerned and help us through those places.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment